We have lots of general information available on this website which may provide the answer to your query. Have you tried a Search or looked through our FAQ's?

If you are considering submitting an application to us, you will find information on each type of regulatory function and what you are required to do before sending us the application on our Regulatory Forms & Guidance page  

If you are submitting an application that triggers registration of your croft with Registers of Scotland, you will find the necessary forms and guidance on their website

If you are looking for information about individual crofts, have you tried searching our Register of Crofts? You will also find statistical information about the number of crofts and crofters on our Facts & Figures page.

If you are looking for an update on an application you have already submitted to us, then please drop us an email our casework staff may not always be available to speak to you if you telephone, so this will avoid disappointment.  Similarly, if you were unable to find the information you are looking for on this website please email us and provide as much information as possible regarding your query. We welcome correspondence in Gaelic.  


Visiting the Commission at Great Glen House

Our office is open from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and from 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday.

You can visit us at the office but to help us provide the best level of service it is essential to book an appointment by calling 01463 663439. This means we can arrange for you to see the officer who serves your area, and that they have the necessary information to hand to answer questions. If you do not make an appointment we cannot guarantee there will be someone available to see you.

Please be aware we cannot check the validity of applications or maps during an appointment and we cannot offer legal advice.


There are some things that we do not deal with:

  • We do not hold a list of people looking to acquire crofts.   
  • We do not administer any grants.  These are all managed by the Scottish Government’s Rural Payments & Inspections Division (SGRPID) and you should contact your local office if you wish to discuss these.  Their contact details can be found at  If you are looking for information on the Croft House Grant Scheme you should also contact your local SGRPID office or write to Croft House Grant Scheme, The Business Centre, Crossapol, Isle of Tiree PA77 6UP.


British Sign Language (BSL)
For more information about contacting us using the British Sign Language (BSL) online interpreting service, please visit the Contact Scotland website.

Location Map

Great Glen House,

Leachkin Road, Inverness IV3 8NW

Tel: 01463 663439

Driving Directions

Use the form below to get driving directions to this location (these are kindly provided by google)

Crofting Commission, Great Glen House, Leachkin Road, Inverness, IV3 8NW 



© Crofting Commission 2018Site MapSite by Plexus.